For a number of weeks, AIPRO along with key industry members has been working along with Infocomm Media Development Authority (“IMDA”), and the many key multi-agencies on a protocol to allow the safe resumption of media work in the media sectors.
Productions starting work from 2 June 2020 onwards are to adhere to the Mandatory Safety Rules published by IMDA.
For the many varied productions, and depending on type of genre/projects, the Comprehensive Safety Measures contains a list of practical recommendations media companies and professionals can adopt during this period.
Note: To ensure that you are constantly up to date with the latest safety guidelines, all media companies & professionals should always refer to the latest version of the Mandatory Safety Rules issued by IMDA from time to time.
Update 8 June: IMDA has also issued an FAQ here.
For Phase 2 from 18 Aug onwards, media companies should take note of the following rules:
- For companies involved in the production of programmes for broadcast and other digital media, such as TV commercials, short narratives, documentaries, feature films, requiring large crew: no more than 50 personnel on location, including no more than 20 onscreen talent/performers (unmasked), at any given time. These companies are to register with IMDA. No “live” singing is allowed at this production size.
- For companies involved in all other productions: no more than 30 personnel on location, including no more than 10 onscreen talent/performers (unmasked), at any given time.
- For “live” singing as part of the production, all productions must adhere to no more than 30 personnel on location, including no more than 5 onscreen talent/performers singing unmasked at any given time, and must observe a 2-metre safe distancing from the next person.
- For the entire production, only the same fixed cast of onscreen talent/performers may unmask when needed. This is not interchangeable with other non-onscreen roles.”
- Please note that media companies that have registered with IMDA prior to 18 August 2020 for the original higher production size of 30 pax (10 onscreen) will automatically be registered for the new limits at 50 pax (20 onscreen). IMDA will be notifying on this via email. For companies that have not registered with IMDA prior for 5(a), please register here.