For a number of weeks, AIPRO along with key industry members has been working along with Infocomm Media Development Authority (“IMDA”), and the many key multi-agencies on a protocol to allow the safe resumption of media work in the media sectors.
Productions starting work from 2 June 2020 onwards are to adhere to the Mandatory Safety Rules published by IMDA.
For the many varied productions, and depending on type of genre/projects, the Comprehensive Safety Measures contains a list of practical recommendations media companies and professionals can adopt during this period.
Note: To ensure that you are constantly up to date with the latest safety guidelines, all media companies & professionals should always refer to the latest version of the Mandatory Safety Rules issued by IMDA from time to time.
Update 8 June: IMDA has also issued an FAQ here.
Summary of Key Changes For Phase 2
- Clarification that onscreen talent are to observe 1-metre distance from next person
- Companies/Productions for broadcast and other digital media that must register with IMDA (list of production types listed on page 4: Safe Distancing): no more than 30 personnel on location, including no more than 10 onscreen talent/performers (unmasked)
- Companies involved in all other productions: no more than 10 personnel on location, including no more than 5 onscreen talent/performers (unmasked)
- Productions with “live” singing must not have more than 10 personnel on location, with no more than 5 singing talent/performers (unmasked)
- “Live” singing talent/performers are advised to observe 2-metre distance from next person